So two months ago I had called my daughters pediatrician because she was snoring so badly. I could barely sleep hearing it through the monitor. I thought I was just another worried mom and the doctor was going to tell me it's no big deal. Well part of the reason I was calling because I had just read an article in my Parents magazine that snoring isn't such a good thing.. Anyways, the doctor surprised me by saying she needed to go see an ENT. Well ENT # 1 said her tonsils looked fine and sent her (us) to a sleep study. It was BEYOND awful. I'm not even going to go there. Well anyways the results showed she has Significant Sleep Apnea. Which basically means she stops breathing in her sleep. And lets not even talk about what that means if her brain isn't getting oxygen.
So ENT # 1 had said he wasn't really familiar with her age group and was unsure. So I went to ENT #2. He said her tonsils didn't look big so that couldn't be the problem. So he said he's assuming it's the adenoids. So he said if were taking out adenoids we might as well take out tonsils. Well coincidentally ENT # 2 partner did a surgery on my brother when he was younger so I wanted to go with him. So ENT # 3 took one look at her tonsils and he said no way not taking those out. He did an X-ray of her adenoids and wasn't sure about it.....sooooo after waiting almost 2 months were heading tomorrow to the big children's hospital to FINALLY get some answers. I'm sick of waiting for an answer, and I just want to know how we can fix it. I am very glad though that E didn't have a surgery that ENT # 2 wanted to do if it wasn't even necessary. I guess it shows you to always get a second opinion.
So anyway, wish us luck on her appointment tomorrow!
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












i'm waiting to hear how it went. when we were reffered to a surgeon chloe's tonsils weren't big either. so her pediatrician assumed it was her adenoids. by the time we got to the surgeon though her tonsils turned freakishly huge.
ReplyDeleteshe's a classic case of obstructive sleep apnea. so it was easy to figure out..i hope you get some answers.
I hope you get the answers you are seeking. Enjoying your blog, stopped by from D-Listed. Stop by blog and say hello sometime!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ladies for your support!
ReplyDelete